The Mag Gallery The Hood
Smokin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesse-Royce
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Smokin Reply with quote

Got a smoker this year and was wonder if anyone has any good recipies for dry rubs or marinades they wanna share. I thinking about getting down and trying to smoke a brisket or some ribs slow make it a all day thing.

Feel free to share any and all grill recipies.
zachadoo88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of smoker did you get? I've been smoking meats for about a year and a half now. It's a fun hobby and the payoff is the best part. Especially when you start getting better at it, have some friends over and get some good compliments! Smoking ribs can be a bitch, at least on my smoker. I need to try it again because I've only done it twice. I've got more into pulled pork and chicken. The next time I do ribs I'm gonna try what's called the 3-2-1 method. 3 hours with just the dry rub on, 2 hours in a tin pan with 1 beer poored in it, 1 hour with sauce. Temp of 225ish the whole time. I've heard it's amazing.
handovdoom
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dying to get one. my neighbours would hate me though.

watch america's test kitchen they always have recipes for dry-rubs and marinades for brisket and ribs and the like.
kollin
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zachadoo88 wrote:
What kind of smoker did you get? I've been smoking meats for about a year and a half now. It's a fun hobby and the payoff is the best part. Especially when you start getting better at it, have some friends over and get some good compliments! Smoking ribs can be a bitch, at least on my smoker. I need to try it again because I've only done it twice. I've got more into pulled pork and chicken. The next time I do ribs I'm gonna try what's called the 3-2-1 method. 3 hours with just the dry rub on, 2 hours in a tin pan with 1 beer poored in it, 1 hour with sauce. Temp of 225ish the whole time. I've heard it's amazing.

Be careful. introducing liquid in an already dehydrated meat will make it rubbery and tough as hell.
Jesse-Royce
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea from what I've heard about the 321 is the 2 is wrapped in a 400 degree proof heat bag and then tin foil with some BBQ sauce on the ribs. In sure just like anything you gutta screw around with a bunch of diffrent stuff all diffrent ways to find the gems .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Read Street Tattoo Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: