The Mag Gallery The Hood
tattoo help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevorsmom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: tattoo help! Reply with quote

I really want to get a tattoo. I know the idea of what I want, but can not come up with any visual thoughts. Everyone tells me to just wait until something comes to me... but I am not very creative. My mother passed away when I was younger, I never met my father, and now I am the single mother of a little boy at age 22. I could not be happier and my son has turned my life around, I am about to graduate college and things are amazing for us. I want something to symbolize that family is everything, and no matter what it starts and ends with famiyl- only trouble is I do not know what to put!!! Does anyone know of any random ideas??! I am not creative, or artistic :(

I appreciate it!
zedkhov

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...what means something to one person means something completly different to someone else...that said i would encourage you to go down to all the tattoo shops in your area and look through the flash art they have to offer. If you find something that gets your interest go home and sit on it for a week or two (personally i sit on the idea of a tattoo for over a month) if it still appeals to me then i get it...

Anyways, you can also look through the gallery here on this great site or look for inspiration from any number of tattoo or artwork sites.

hope this helps.
Taodreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find an artist you are comfortable with at a quality shop and ask him/her. What is the first thing you think of when you think of yourself?

My second tattoo (first real tattoo) was about me and my kids and how I felt about them. I got a Mama dragon defending her hearts...

How do you see yourself? your family is an extention of you. Are you soft? Fuzzy? Fierce?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
artfisch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree you should find a great artist and start brainstorming with them. Every artist has a style and you might lean towards a certain design because of that.

There's always banners with Mom and Dad or your kids names.

My husband and I have/will have weird things that represent our family- kewpie boxers, crying babies and guns.. I was thinking of an Asian girl piper with frogs following her representing my kids.. I've seen hammers representing dads, flowers representing people.. You could get brass knuckles with a family banner. There's just soooo many options that you have to be able to spew out some ideas in order to get the ball rolling... even if it's 20 things you like that are unrelated. One of those ideas can probably be worked into something.

But even more important then your design (which sounds crazy I know- but it's true) is the artist. Where do you live?
Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These good people have given you great advice!

I just want to make their voice a bit louder by speaking with them.

Find a great artist. Then talk to he/she about your family. Before you know it you'll be finding all sorts of ideas that represent those that are close to you. The artist will draw up something custom, something just for you, and apply it to your skin.

That tattoo will be a thing of pride, just like your family.

Think well about that artist, ask for help choosing he or she- if your not sure as to who to see (there are some people on this board who will, almost instantly come up with the names, and links to, some great artists in your area.). Then, get that tattoo, and be happy your entire life.

Good luck!
PShamrock
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a tazmanian devil with barbed wire is always a great tattoo...can symbolize anything.

laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Read Street Tattoo Forum Index -> Tattoo Enthusiast Discussion Group All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: