The Mag Gallery The Hood
help with my sleeve design

View previous topic :: View next topic  
turny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: help with my sleeve design Reply with quote

I have just had the first part if my half sleeve completed 3 days ago, and now after seeing it so far, im sorta changing direction on where i want the rest of the design to go.

can anyone throw any other ideas my way?

here is a link to a pic of my tat so far

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x149/turny1/?action=view&current=tat1.jpg
Luc7thsunn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

changing direction how?......subject matter? you don't like what's there? You don't want to use the same background you were thinking of?

You've left it pretty broad without any sort of guidance for where you want to go......perhaps this is part of the problem that has resulted in a product you're not happy with.

But if it's only three days after you've got it I would suspect you're not happy with the execution as much as you are unhappy with the design idea. Perhaps locating a different artist that is more capable of capturing and executing your vision is what you need. Be aware this could result in a large increase in the hourly rate compared to what you are currently paying but in the long run I'm sure you'll find it's probably worth it.
artfisch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get this tattoo telling the artist it was a sleeve or did you just get this tattoo thinking one day it'll be a sleeve. I think sleeves are generally drawn and tattooed out in one spat. And Luc's right- you need to eleborate a lot.. maybe what direction you were going in and why and what you have changed your mind about.
Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple true dat.

We really need to know what you don't like about your piece, and what you currently hope for with it: so that we may be able to help more.

I'd start out looking for an artist that really wows you-if your not satisfied by the artist that's done your previous work.

Those of here on Tattoodles almost always suggest talking to your artist about future plans. We understand that you need/want ideas to take to your artist (new or old) but also understand that the person ultimately doing the work can really guide you through the process of achieving your dream.

If that kind of progression hasn't happened in the past, it can in the future.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Read Street Tattoo Forum Index -> Tattoo Enthusiast Discussion Group All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: