The Mag Gallery The Hood
any other artists have experience with "opaque projecto

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zedkhov

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: any other artists have experience with "opaque projecto Reply with quote

After reading another thread with suggestions about how to apply your work to canvas's people suggested projectotrs which i always thought was a great idea but never got around to trying...

Anyways i'm doing a tiki painting now and its very symmetrical and i don't want to do it the old fashioned way so i've been looking for overhead projectors...and cannot find them anywhere.

I did however find something called a tracer projector which claims to be able to do what a overhead projectors can but with opaque things. anyways heres a link

http://www.islandblue.com/store/product/8024/ARTOGRAPH-TRACER-PROJECTOR/

Anyone have experience with these? what the hell are they and is it worth my hundred bucks?

thanks alot
gunkie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have used something similar to that for talks. basically you can use any sheet as a transparency .

Work pretty well, if you are just going for an outline you will probably be fine, but you don't get a super crisp colors as far as i can remember since it gets washed out a bit from the light source
Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't claim to be an artist. I'm happier with a title like doodle-ist, although I studied art way back when a supermarket was your turn stripping the wholly mammoth.

I haven't used one of these baby's, but I'm writing all this to let you know you can get one, if you want one, for much less.

I've been getting all my doodle supplies at my local hobby lobby. Here's a link to a projector such as the one you've shown.

http://www.craftsetc.com/store/search.aspx?searchTerm=projector

It's quite a bit less in price, and you can buy online.

I find some non art supply houses a G-D send to those of us on fixed, or lower incomes, or just because they are nifty places to visit for all sorts of things. A hobby lobby opened up in very short walking distance of me and it caries everything I've ever needed, (even in the ancient mammal phase of my life) and far, far more than that.

Good luck with this!
zedkhov

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for both your replies.

@ gunkie, yea thats what im going for just something i can get the outlines in with color doesnt matter since it will be painted eventually anyways so that sounds great.

@ Rose, thats a great link thats the cheapest i've seen one so far i am skeptical about the projectors in general still so im going to go down to my local art stores this weekend and see them in action if possible then im goin to check out some hobby stores like you said and see prices. If i cant find a better deal im ordering off that site.

cheers,

Z
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Read Street Tattoo Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: