The Mag Gallery The Hood
anyone got a gun i can borrow?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuzzyface

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: anyone got a gun i can borrow? Reply with quote

here is an article from today's calgary herald
warning - not for the faint of heart

--------
Dog beaten, dragged, left for dead
Jason van Rassel, Calgary Herald
Published: Thursday, October 12, 2006

A trail of blood led police to two suspects who allegedly beat a family dog and dragged the animal behind a vehicle in Didsbury.

The dog's injuries were so severe, a veterinarian called to the scene had to euthanize the animal on the spot.

"This was definitely, in my 10 years of policing, the most horrendous act I've seen against an animal," said Cpl. Kevin Fischer of the RCMP in Didsbury, 90 kilometres north of Calgary.

A couple found the female collie-Lab cross lying in the street near Ross Ford Elementary School in the northwest corner of town early Sunday.

Their frantic phone call woke Dr. Andy Mencarelli, a veterinarian at the Krebs clinic in Didsbury, who went to the scene.

The dog's legs were bound together with duct tape and there was a tow rope around its neck.

Its head was wrapped in a bag.

"There was blood everywhere," said Mencarelli.

The dog was able to lift its head, but in too much shock to make any sound, he said.

When Mencarelli lifted the dog to the back of his truck to euthanize it, the true extent of the animal's injuries became apparent.

"This dog was just broken," he said, adding its neck, pelvis, back and skull were fractured.

Investigators believe the six- or seven-year-old dog endured a beating prior to being tied up and hitched to a vehicle.

"Indications are the dog was dragged behind a vehicle," Fischer said.

The dog had no tags, tattoos or obvious identification, but police officers followed a trail of blood to a local home.

Police have laid charges against two teenagers, but

Fischer said Wednesday they are no closer to learning a motive for the crime.

"There is nothing, at this point," he said.

Daniel Charles Haskett, 19, of Didsbury has been charged under the Criminal Code with injuring/endangering an animal and causing unnecessary suffering to an animal. He is also charged with obstructing police.

A 17-year-old male, whose identity is protected by the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with injuring/endangering an animal and causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

For adult offenders, each of the animal cruelty charges has a maximum penalty of a $2,000 fine or six months in jail -- or both.

The case is also being investigated by the Alberta Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

A conviction under the province's Animal Protection Act can carry a maximum penalty of a $20,000 fine and a lifetime ban from owning animals, but an official said no further charges are being contemplated.

"We have been notified of it and are having some followup involvement," said Morris Airey, the Alberta SPCA's director of enforcement.

The two suspects are scheduled to appear in Didsbury provincial court on Nov. 6.

jvanrassel@theherald.canwest.com

--------

if this bothers you as much as it did me, please contact the calgary herald with your thoughts or better yet, send a copy of this article to any and every politician you can think of and ask that the penalties for this kind of brutality should not be tolerated any longer and the current punishment are simply not adequate

thanks
fuzzyface

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops...in my anger i noticed my closing statement did not make sense

“if this bothers you as much as it did me, please contact the calgary herald with your thoughts or better yet, send a copy of this article to any and every politician you can think of and tell them that the penalties for this kind of brutality are simply inadequate and that these acts cannot be tolerated any longer”
alliecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of thing breaks my heart. People are sick. I keep telling myself, 'The laws of karma will serve them'. Those motha beep Id like to stick a beep so far up their beep. Ah, now I'm just mad. Yuck.
Poor doggy.
aries666

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people are just evil... they both need to be fillet alive .... poor puppy.... o_o.....
Clyde

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alliecat, you do know you can say fuck in here right?

Poor dog. I'd say we oughta serve an eye for an eye sentence on the two dudes. I'd have fun driving the truck around.
geezpot
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really disturbing.
murphyd70

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alliecat wrote:
I keep telling myself, 'The laws of karma will serve them'.

Of this there is no doubt....you cannot dodge karma!

Yes fuzzy, I have many guns you may borrow but that will not do this tragedy justice. Perhaps karma will take care of this when they are serving time in jail and word gets out that they practice animal cruelty, even hardend criminals don't tolerate this kind of shit..... ballgag
francesca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cannot understand what makes people do this kind of thing, or how they can actually do this to an animal and get a kick out of causing such suffering. total sick fucks! Laws over here (UK) don't protect animals either - you hear horrendously disturbing stories of abuse and the perpertrator just gets a slap on the wrist and a ban from keeping pets. Its just a joke....
alliecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clyde wrote:
alliecat, you do know you can say fuck in here right?

I know I can say fuck. I use the fucking word freely. I was just so mad the words couldn't come out.

I am giving my kitties some tuna today just to show them how much my family cares. Everyone join in it is officially "RANDOM ACTS OF KINDESS TO ANIMALS DAY".

viva la puppies and kitties and birdies and fishies and snakies and spiders(that is especially for you lorgakor).
Lizzie
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hugged my doggies.. and tried to hug my cat, but she clawed me :(
artfisch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizzie wrote:
I hugged my doggies.. and tried to hug my cat, but she clawed me :(

hahahahahahaha. funny. fucking cats. ;)

These boys should go to prison. dogs now.. children next? They aren't normal human beings.
cherrybomb
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man,this makes my stomach hurt....fucking assholes.if somthing isent done about these kids ,next time it will be a person tied up behind the truck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MattReed
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dress them up like dogs and feed them to polar bears...it is called food-chain conversion.
davelct
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a horrible thing,it turns my stomach to think of what that poor pup went through.The sick fucks should have the same done to them,a bullet is too good.Got lotsa guns though,and you can borrow them Fuzzy.
I wish I had not read this thread,it pretty much ruins my day.
Gonna go give Max a hug and a treat now.
Mean people suck.
arch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who abuse animals and children are cowards. We need more laws to protect people and animals who cannot protect themselves.
fuzzyface

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arch wrote:
People who abuse animals and children are cowards. We need more laws to protect people and animals who cannot protect themselves.

this is why i will be writting an open letter to the PM tomorrow (which i will post here as well)
if everyone expresses the need for harsher laws, maybe something will happen
fuzzyface

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the letter i have just sent to the PM
if you feel the same, take a moment and do the same

--------

Open Letter to Prime Minister Stephen Harper
Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2

Re: Family Dog Tortured in Didsbury, AB

Dear Prime Minster Harper,
As the political leader of Canada I can appreciate that you are an extremely busy individual. With that in mind, I will do my best to keep this open letter as brief as possible.

I have chosen to contact you in order to bring to your attention an incredibly heinous crime recently committed in your home province of Alberta and in the hope that you will be willing to help prevent it from happening again.

This past week an innocent creature was brutally beaten, bound, and dragged to its death by two cowardly members of the Didsbury community. If you have not yet heard the details of this incident, they can be accessed on the Calgary Herald’s website.

As a fellow animal caregiver yourself, you are undoubtedly as appalled by this senseless crime as I am.

On your website, both crime prevention and caring for family pets are prominently displayed. The statements of “It is equally important that we prevent criminal behaviour before it has a chance to take root…and end the cycle of violence that can lead to broken communities and broken lives” as well as “…those who want to make a difference for an animal to do so” could not be more relevant than right now.

With the above in mind, I am asking you to do the right thing. The Canadian Criminal Code must be amended to allow for sufficient punishment for anyone who inflicts barbaric torture on an innocent animal. This change will not only protect animals but also the future human victims of these same conscienceless perpetrators.

In closing I ask that you also consider the views of the following individuals…

“I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.” - Abraham Lincoln

“Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.” - Albert Einstein

“Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Gandhi

Thank you for your time and please feel free to contact me if you or one of your staff would like to discuss this topic further.
geezpot
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos on a great letter.
Also referring to the thread title I don't think you should borrow a gun, its too much of a quick death for those skum.
ferret

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not if you shoot them in the knee caps, or in the stomach (according to Quentin Tarantino at least)
MattReed
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, bleeding knees, then make them run from komodo dragons.

Good letter, and I hope it brings some change.
davelct
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good letter Fuzzy, hope it has some impact.
fuzzyface

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

below is the reply i received today from the PM's office concerning my open letter. rest assured that i will be following up with Mr.Toews. feel free to do the same

--------

"On behalf of the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your e-mail regarding the prevention of cruelty to animals.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully reviewed. In view of his interest in this matter, I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to the Honourable Vic Toews, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, for his information and review. I am certain that he will wish to give your views every consideration.

Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister. For more information on the Government's initiatives, you may wish to visit the Prime Minister's Web site, at www.pm.gc.ca.

S. Russell
Executive Correspondence Officer
Agent de correspondance
de la haute direction"
davelct
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great that you got such a quick response.
arch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a response so soon, and to see that your letter is being forwarded to the right people.
Drat
Tattoo Artist
Tattoo Artist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats even better is a lady here in SF threw her 3 babies in the bay to "feed the sharks" thier ages were infant, 1, and 3 years old.... i was just told this last night.. and cant fucking believe it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Read Street Tattoo Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: